The Sales Achiever
The Sales Achiever is basically the same as Candidate Resource's regular Achiever, but has been specifically customized for sales applications. It encompasses aptitudes and behaviors essential in sales, based on your organization's sales objectives and people who are successful in sales in other organizations.
Candidate Resources, Inc. has designed the Sales Achiever questionnaire to be compiled by an individual to derive a numerical score in six Mental Aptitudes and ten Personality (i.e., Behavioral) Dimensions. It is then possible to compare a person's scores in both mental aptitudes and personality (i.e., behavioral) traits to people who have proven successful in a job category.
- Energy level
- Adaptability to change
- Memory Recall - knowledge of current events as they relate to the job
- Vocabulary - general English vocabulary skills
- Numerical Perception - ability to handle numerically related tasks quickly and accurately
- Mechanical Interest - measures interest in the mechanical area
The ten Personality (i.e., Behavioral) Dimensions measured by the Sales Achiever are:
- Energy - energy, drive, tension and stress levels
- Flexibility - integrity, reliability, dependability and work ethics
- Organization - personal orientation to plan and utilize time wisely
- Communication - innate ability to meet and interact with people
- Emotional Development - ego, self-esteem, self-confidence and ability to handle pressure
- Assertiveness - strength and determination to get one's way
- Competitiveness - team orientation versus individualistic competitiveness
- Mental Toughness - psychological stamina to deal with life and job problems
- Questioning/Probing - instinct to question and probe rather than accepting things at face value
- Motivation - security-motivated or recognition, incentive and commission oriented
The Sales Achiever contains two validity scales to assess the accuracy of the Sales Achiever report:
- Distortion - frankness of the respondent as related to the statistical validity of the personality dimensions
- Equivocation - consistent decision-making of the respondent as it relates to the accuracy of the personality dimensions measured
(The Sales Achiever takes about 50-60 minutes to complete.)
The Sales Achiever report is comprised of the following:
- The narrative segment, which explains each aptitude and personality dimension that is being assessed in the report and how the individual has scored in each compared to the sales job.
- A pictorial analysis comparing the individual?s actual scores to the desirable benchmarks for the job. These benchmarks may be derived for an individual company based on their own successful people in the job, based on the job description, or the person can be assessed against Candidate Resources?s data base of people who are successful in those jobs
- Sales Analysis identifying the person?s strongest areas and areas the person could benefit from developing in, based on the following five elements of selling:
- Developing rapport
- Identifying a need or desire
- Presenting the product/service to fill prospect?s needs
- Dealing with objections
- Closing the sale
- Personal Development Plan compiled as a result to the aptitudes and traits required in the job to successfully perform the job and an identify of those actions the individual can take, on a daily basis, books they can read, etc., to become stronger in the overall job itself.
- Behavioral interview questions that can be asked in a secondary interview process which are created as a result of the comparison of the individual to the requirements of the job. In addition, responses are given that the interviewer might look for from the person in relationship to the person?s linkage or non-linkage to the job.
To see a sample report and learn about the features a Sales Achiever report contains, click here.